OAR Of A Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OAR Of A Revolution

Welcome to OAR Game Community

HomeHome  S5 RestartS5 Restart  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Before posting or making a request (for Confeds, NAPs or Memberships), do read the forum rules.All posts/requests overruling the forum rules, are subject to be deleted/refused without prior notice.

Eta Team Chat @@

Go down 
+5
wces
Rudy5
tricker
BadG
Heywood
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wces

wces

Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:25 am

I spoke with my dual, and we will accept the nomination of being Team Leader king
Some general comments regarding our team...

-Our defensive capabilities need to be highly established by the time catapults are rolling in the SE. This is absolutely crucial. When those first cats start rolling, they take everyone by surprise, and they can have devastating initial effects because people were not prepared. We need to be prepared to defend against these attacks, in advance.

-Regarding rotating CFRs, the concept is great, except that it rotates to every player of the team at any given time. Honestly, the "attackers" of our group, truly don't need CFRs as much as the defenders do. The attackers train more attackers and attack more, thus getting more raided resources...While the expectation for the defenders is to take that CFR and to train defenders. Notice how they do not get resources by training defenders. Therefore, I propose that for this current time period, rotating CFRs should only go to defenders, and not to attackers.

Of course this should not be the policy, indefinitely. At some point, we will need CFR to boost someone into catapult production / hammer-size, so that WE may be the people surprising everyone with catapults.

At this point in the game, most people are primarily training offensive troops, with minimal defenders. The people that are training defenders, are not doing it exclusively, and if they are, they are not doing it fast enough due to lack of resources. The concern is that catapults will be coming. And we most definitely need to be prepared, so that we may completely CRUSH their very, very expensive catapults Twisted Evil

This is, of course, all up for discussion. Thoughts on CFRs being for defenders only, during this time period?

Also we need to select defenders. These people need to be gauls or romans (gauls are preferred), and would ideally be in a central-ish location within Team Eta. Any volunteers for being a Team Defender? I believe we need more than 1.

As you can see in these troop tables, Gauls are much better defenders than Romans in total defense per cost/upkeep/training-time.
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 am

Of course, I haven't been fully voted in as the team leader, but the comments above still stand!
Back to top Go down
BadG

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:06 am

Unfortunatly we only have 1 gaul in our group.

Dva Indijanca

But I haven't heard anything at all from him yet. And if he has to lead the defensive role I hold my heart since communication is essential in this matter.
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:12 am

Well then it looks like we need a Roman defender as well!
Maybe we can get another Active Gaul into the group, since it does look like the group is expanding (per Heywood).

Heywood, if you're reading this...get us another Gaul, please!

EDIT: I sent Heywood an IGM making the request. Hopefulling Dva Indijanca will come through and be a great participant within the team, but even so we should really have 2 Gaul defenders if we can.
Back to top Go down
tricker

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 4:40 am

wces wrote:

-Regarding rotating CFRs, the concept is great, except that it rotates to every player of the team at any given time. Honestly, the "attackers" of our group, truly don't need CFRs as much as the defenders do. The attackers train more attackers and attack more, thus getting more raided resources...While the expectation for the defenders is to take that CFR and to train defenders. Notice how they do not get resources by training defenders. Therefore, I propose that for this current time period, rotating CFRs should only go to defenders, and not to attackers.

Of course this should not be the policy, indefinitely. At some point, we will need CFR to boost someone into catapult production / hammer-size, so that WE may be the people surprising everyone with catapults.

At this point in the game, most people are primarily training offensive troops, with minimal defenders. The people that are training defenders, are not doing it exclusively, and if they are, they are not doing it fast enough due to lack of resources. The concern is that catapults will be coming. And we most definitely need to be prepared, so that we may completely CRUSH their very, very expensive catapults Twisted Evil

This is, of course, all up for discussion. Thoughts on CFRs being for defenders only, during this time period?

I think this is a great idea. For the most part, any Teuton who is not flush with resource in not playing the account very well, or not enough! lol.

All I ask is that we be given the time to 2nd village up.
Back to top Go down
Rudy5

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 am

Hey I vote for wces too. Btw I have only 50 leggos at the moment but I could build them up real quick if you want me to take up a defensive role.

@Dancinancient- I too had suggested the same thing regarding tff21. I have decent cavalry attack about 40 EIs and an EI hero with about 1400 attack so his clubbies wil be easy if we find them at home. I suppose you have tons of clubbies too that we could use to clear out his spears. I think he has been concentrating on his army lately cos his pop is about constant or hes building up his settlers...
Back to top Go down
Kalina

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:24 pm

I'm also available if you want a deffensive Roman player if we can't get another Gaul in the team.
I'm one of Dva Idijanca's sitters & vice versa so co-ordinating us would be fairly straight forward.

Regarding the Team leader I'd agree with the concensus to date, WCES gets my vote.

Kalina
Back to top Go down
Dva Indijanca

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:53 am

Hi

i had some problems at school so i dint have time to check the forum , and my dual doesnt understand english at all Smile
can you tell me ih short mather what's going on so that i can rejoin the team thank you

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
BadG

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:20 am

Dva Indijanca wrote:

can you tell me ih short mather what's going on so that i can rejoin the team

https://ofarevolution.forumotion.com/oar-main-f8/eta-team-chat-t171-15.htm

Here ya go Smile
Back to top Go down
Dva Indijanca

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 am

ok tnx

1)team leader WCES
2)deff player....i see that i'm the only gaul i this team so i accept to be the deff player of ETA team

Best Regards
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 1:50 am

Dva Indijanca wrote:
ok tnx

1)team leader WCES
2)deff player....i see that i'm the only gaul i this team so i accept to be the deff player of ETA team

Best Regards

People are (should) start sending you resources (CFR) once every 24-hours for 3-days. Everyone in the team should be doing that. When you receive these resources, you are to use them only to train Phalanx. If possible, train phalanx non-stop for 3 days.
Back to top Go down
BadG

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 am

will be done.
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:03 am

EDIT:
Apparently tff21 has stopped playing a while back hehe. Dancinancient has been raiding the hell out of him Twisted Evil

Last edited by wces on Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:20 am

Some guy started getting really active after being a farm for a long time...all of a sudden out of nowhere he had like 50 legs. He was for SURE farming our farms around us. Sooooo, we put a stop to that Twisted Evil

http://s5.travian.com/berichte.php?id=7508479
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:46 am

hello all, this is jesse, the other dual on this account

a few things:

communication

i'd like for the seven of us to get comfortable communicating regularly with one another in game. i want you to at least have 1 person in our group as a sitter, two would be even better. everyone should copy this and leave this in their note section (if you use plus), or in a text file on your desktop

dva indijanca
kalina
rudy5
wces
badg
dancinancient
tricker

if you see an incoming attack i want you to immediately write down:

1) the time that the attack is going to take to reach you when you first see it (so we can calculate movement speed and troop type)
2) whether the attack is on raid or normal
3) the exact time it's going to land
4) whic village its coming from and a brief history of your involvement with this player, if any

send that to every person in our group

map

Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 Map.php?lang=en&country=America&server=s5.travian

that's us in red, our meta allies in the other colors. if you see one of them near you, shoot them an igm and say hi. it can't hurt

defenders

dva indijanca is going to be building up an EMERGENCY defence. they will stay in his village, please don't expect to have them for infantry skirmishes with your 100pop neighbor. they are hours away from most of our villages. this is for one thing and one thing only: catapults. if we can safely say that an attack isn't carrying siege weapons, then we'll ask you to dodge.

which is a smart personal strategy at this point in the game, anyways. always dodge the first attack someone sends at you, so you can get a good gauge for how big their army is. you have gained that knowledge and they have just wasted a long trip to your village for no xp and no resources. if the army is reliably small, defend next time and crush them.

anyways we want you all to have standing defenders in your villages. all of you. 1 of your first few villages should eventually be dedicated to creating defenders. you probably haven't needed them yet, but the time will come. and catapults catch most people by surprise, don't be caught off guard. as a loose rule, try and have about half of the defenders as you do offensive troops. you can use them to farm the close nonactives near you and save your offensive troops to farm the actives. and build a wall in every village to level 10, it's cheap.

and at this point we're asking dva to do what most people in this game hate doing. so please be appreciative. send your CFR to him every day. because there's noting more satisfying than some cocky player losing all of his expensive catapults on a wall of defenders.
Back to top Go down
tricker

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:50 pm

wces wrote:

map

Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 Map.php?lang=en&country=America&server=s5.travian

that's us in red, our meta allies in the other colors. if you see one of them near you, shoot them an igm and say hi. it can't hurt

defenders

dva indijanca

Dva indifanca is our only defender in our group and he is located all the way to the north. It would be helpful to get a defensive player down nearer our neck of the woods in the south if possible? Dva Indijanca is quite aways from us and some of these players could easily even send catas at us before we could get defense all the way down to us.

Of course we can just clean house down here as well.....

But seriously, if there are any canidates (gauls) for membership in our area, it would be helpful.

CorpeSower is in a sister (brother) alliance to us. Maybe we could move him into our alliance? Anyone have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
BadG

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:12 am

I think he would be a good candidate.

I think he would be a better one than DVA to be honest.
Back to top Go down
tricker

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:25 am

There are other players in the area whom are not in our alliance who literary get pounded a dozen times a day by BadG, wces and myself, and we never get a spec of resource out of them. I got this little roman next to me who day after day hides every bit of resource from me and still is able to build defense troops and a hero! These guys have seen nothing but defense they're entire game play so far. Who knows defense better then these guys? Of course they may hold a grudge by now they have been beat up so often......
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 1:53 am

Yes other Gaul players nearby who are not in an alliance who you feel are good players, make friends with them. See if they want to apply to get into OAR. Etc etc. However, I still believe someone else in our current Team Eta needs to take care of emergency defense as well. Any of you Roman player types want to volunteer to receive CFR as a defender, and to train defenders with them??

I do really want everyone to read Jesse's post from earlier. Jesse, the other Dual on this wces account, is a very smart man, and gave some great comments to our team. Namely, the whole part about defenders..."dva indijanca is going to be building up an EMERGENCY defence", "we want you all to have standing defenders in your villages. all of you. 1 of your first few villages should eventually be dedicated to creating defenders. you probably haven't needed them yet, but the time will come", etc etc. Make sure to read that entire post, because it is important.

Aside from that, we do need to get the Emergency defenders worked out quickly...Hopefully dva indijanca will train defenders as requested, but we will also need someone else.
Back to top Go down
Rudy5

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Hey I can also build up some kind of emergency defense maybe as a backup to DVA. Im not too keen on it, but I'll do it willingly if needed. Let me know. I'm not building any praets yet but i can switch to praets if you guys want.

@dancinancient: well done man youve got a nice big farm in tff21 cheers
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 6:16 pm

I just received a status update from dva indijanca; He has been receiving CFR resources (keep sending, btw), and has been training Phalanx non-stop. This is good!
Back to top Go down
Heywood

Heywood

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey guys! Keep up the good work. I will see if I can find you someone towards the south who could help with the def effort.
Thanks!
-TJ
Back to top Go down
wces

wces

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:18 am

Wonderful, thank you. Need another Gaul in our area!
Back to top Go down
BadG

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 pm

We need a new leader. Suggestions anyone?
Back to top Go down
Heywood

Heywood

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:00 pm

BadG, are you interested in the role?
By the way, I got you guys a new gaul for def help.
philander gauls 116 -96
Please send me an IMG as soon as you guys have a new leader.
Thanks,
TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eta Team Chat @@   Eta Team Chat @@ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eta Team Chat @@
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next